1. You have a car and you have liability coverage. Simply put, anything you hit while driving a rental car is covered. The odds are also in your favor if you are naturally a careful driver and make a conscious effort not to violate the law.
2. If your collision coverage includes a rental. The right collision insurance will help you in case you get involved in an accident. What you need to do is ask your insurance company if renting a car is also covered.
3. Your comprehensive coverage includes a rental. Even if you are a responsible, law-abiding citizen with comprehensive insurance on your back, unfortunate things could still happen to your rental car. A post or fence could hit the vehicle, as it falls unexpectedly. Also, a thief might decide to steal your rental car. Fortunately, comprehensive covers these cases.
4. In case of damage, your health insurance may cover it. Health insurance has a vast coverage. Find out if your policy can protect you in the event of an accident while driving a rental car.
5. Make use of your homeowner's or renter's policy. The agent of a rental car company may tell you about the importance of "personal effects coverage" under the rental car insurance. This refers to the protection you can get for your transportable belongings. However, you really do not need this coverage because your homeowner's insurance (or renters) will cover your stuff.
6. If you use your credit card to pay the rental agency, you are also almost covered. The majority of credit cards today include coverage for rental cars. So, there is no need to buy rental car insurance.
When Should You Buy Rental Car Insurance
It is best to get yourself rental car insurance if the place you are planning to go to has a high risk of accident and damage to happen. In that case, you might not have a quick goodbye when it is time to return the rental car.
Consult with an agent first and review your personal car insurance before you head to another destination and rent a car. Wellcovered Insurance Group has its clients as their first priority with affordable rates and clever policies. To learn more about how we can help you please contact our agency at (386) 218-4951 or Click Here to request a free quote.