Most insurers would want you to provide your personal information when you ask for a quote. Why? That’s because some of the information they need helps determine your policy’s rate. Here are the things you might need to provide:
- Age: This piece of information will give them an idea of the level of driving experience you have.
- Gender: This will help them determine the risks you have for serious accidents.
- Address: Where you live may indicate your exposure to certain risks that are specific to your area.
- Driver’s License Number: This will help them ensure that you are indeed a licensed driver.
Your driving history is a significant determinant for your car insurance quote. You should be able to provide the following details:
- Average miles driven per year: Most insurers believe that the more you drive, the greater your risk of getting involved in an accident.
- History of accidents and violations: Accidents and violation will appear on your driving record, so be prepared for the specifics. Often, you are required to provide dates and details. To expedite the process, you may request a copy of your driving record from the DMV.
Your Vehicle’s Information
More often than not, your insurers will ask you about your vehicle. Aside from the make, model, and year of the vehicle, you may need to provide the following:
- Anti-lock Brakes
- Vehicle Identification Number (ViN)
- Security and safety features
The Coverage You May Need
Your car insurance rates also depend on the coverage you choose. If you aren’t sure about how much coverage you need, you might want to check the insurance requirements in Florida. Here are the coverages you should consider getting:
- Collision Coverage: This coverage will pay for the repair costs after an accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: this coverage will pay for the damages to your vehicle that doesn’t involve a collision.
- Liability Coverage: This coverage pays for the costs of a bodily injury or property damage resulting from an accident you’ve caused.
- Medical Payments Coverage: This coverage pays for the medical bills incurred by you and your passengers regardless of who is at fault during an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured Motorist Coverage: This coverage pays for the damages caused by someone who is uninsured or underinsured.
Most insurers give online auto insurance quotes nowadays. Wellcovered Insurance is one of them! Click here for a free car insurance quote. Have your vehicle protected properly for a reasonable price, talk to one of our agents. Call us at (386) 218 – 4951 or visit us today!